Our new lightweight, fully taped packable waterproof mac can be thrown in your work or travel day pack in its compact pocket bag. Crafted from recycled materials, it has the utility of the traditional travel garment with the design features that gives Edmund Hillary garments their distinctive, quality feel. The breathable fabric has a matt, tactile finish that ensures you stay dry from both weather and exertion. Packable into a zippable pocket in the outer lower back.
If you are unsure of your size please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our fitting service and one of our customer team will be delighted to help you.
- • Fully taped seams
- • Outer shell material 100% recycled polyester
- • Waterproof 5,000mm
- • Matt finish
- • A contemporary take on the traditional pac-a-mac
- • Signature Edmund Hillary striped seam along main zip
- • Suitable for 1-2 layers underneath
- • Hood adjustment channel inside hood
- • Adjustable hem
- • Front side pockets with concealed waterproof zips
- • Branded eyelets with elasticated cord at back of hood.
- • Elasticated cuff
- • Subtle branding on arm and hem
- • Unisex
- A percentage of proceeds from the sale of this item will go to support causes that were close to Ed's heart. Go to Giving Back
MATERIALS AND FABRICS
- Shell - 100% recycled polyester
CLEANING AND CARE
- • Machine Wash
- • Do not bleach
- • Do not iron
- • Do not tumble dry
- • Do not dry clean
Notes from the design team
- The Minaret is the Hillary contemporary take on a light weight ‘pac-a-mac’. We kept the utility of the traditional travel garment, ditched the shiny, luminous plastic and added all the design touches that give Hillary jackets that distinctive, quality feel. We started with a very light weight, fully recycled material, with good water resistance and breathability ratings, and added fully taped seams and waterproof zips so it will happily cope with being active and out in the elements for hours. The material has a lovely, tactile matt finish and there are lots of Hillary touches to discovery, such as our signature blue and white stripe seam along the main zip. The cut is slightly more fitted than our Vinson jacket to suit activities such as cycling, jogging and walking in windy spring conditions where you would typically wear one or two layers underneath. It packs away into a pocket on the outer lower back of the jacket, which can double as a useful pocket for carrying essential, bulkier items on a bike ride or walk. This is a unisex jacket and we have taken great care with the cut and length of the jacket to make men and women look and feel great wearing it.