ROUTEBURN MERINO CREW NECK HIGH PERFORMANCE BASE LAYER
The Routeburn Crew Neck is designed and made in New Zealand from 100% traceable New Zealand merino. Ergonomically designed for active comfort it is cut to move with the natural stretch of the Merino fibres. Suitable for all activities from climbing, trekking, winter sports to day-to-day leisure.
Edmund Hillary’s unique knit maximises the wool's natural temperature-regulating properties using traceable 17.7-micron Merino. This provides a soft and comfortable feel, whilst providing warmth and moisture management.
Our Merino can absorb 40% of its weight in water and still retain all its thermal properties.
If you are unsure of your size please contact us at email@example.com for our fitting service and one of our customer team will be delighted to help you.
- • Cross over collar
- • Raglan Sleeve
- • Thumb holes in the cuff
- • Spine Insert Panel
- • Drop Tail
This product will be shipped directly from our workshop in New Zealand. If a size is out of stock you can pre-order 10 days ahead. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
NOTES FROM THE DESIGN TEAM
- The objective was to create a Crew Neck with the technical features that allowing it to be of universal use. Our Designers Hillary Test Team created a Crew Neck with comfortable thumb holes in the sleeve cuff, a long rear panel to tuck into your pants and maintain warmth, the highly wickable spine panel to remove perspiration.
The hottest part of your body during any exercise is the Spine, and rather than using nylon we created a knit for a spine insert panel which on the inside has a higher propensity to wick the moisture away and on the outer surface a knit with a greater surface area to speed up evaporation allowing your body to conserve energy for when and what its needed for.
We use Merrow stitching which is sometimes known as overlock sewing or overlocking is the process of wrapping thread around fabric, yielding an efficient and uniform stitch on all critical seems, using 3 times the thread and allowing the Merino to stretch and move naturally and removing abrasion next to the skin. This in turn provides not only a better fit but increased longevity, how things use to be done.
After 5 days testing on the West Coast of the South Island both Alex and Lily Hillary came back with a big thumbs up and wanting more.
MATERIALS AND FABRICS
- • 100% Traceable NZ Merino
- • Durable: A 17.7 Micron, 100% Natural fibre
- • Drury Knit
- • 67.5% natural stretch (due to natural crimp in the fibre)
- • Comfortable: Spun to obtain the best performance comfort for the weight
- • Less odours: merino wool neutralises odours
- • UV-protection Up to 50+ UPF
- • Made in New Zealand
CLEANING AND CARE
- • Cool machine wash on a gentle cycle
- • Use wool detergent
- • Wash dark colours separately
- • Do not bleach or tumble dry